Summertime is here on Mackinac!
One of the boys favorite things to during the summer is have a lemonade stand! The boys enjoy getting to talk to people who are visiting the island!
I love making homemade lemonade during the summer! There is just nothing like an ice cold glass of delicious lemonade on a hot summer’s day!
I found this delicious Strawberry Lemonade on Play, Party, Plan’s Website! I know it is going to be a staple in our home all summer long!
1/2 cup water
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup lemon juice (2-3 lemons)
2 cups chopped strawberries
2 cups water
How to Make the Simple Syrup:
Combine 1/2 cup water and ¾ cup sugar in a small pot or saucepan. Heat on the stove over medium heat until sugar dissolves into water to create a simple syrup.
- Cut lemons in half and squeeze lemons to get fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- Place 2 cups chopped strawberries, ½ cup fresh-squeezed lemon juice, and ½ cup of the simple syrup in either a blender or food processor. Process until smooth.
- Pour the mixture through a mesh strainer to get the juice out.
- Combine 3 oz of the strawberry juice mixture and 4 oz of water in a glass that’s 8 oz or larger.
- Add ice and fresh strawberries and lemon wedges for garnish.
Double the recipe to make a 2-quart pitcher full of strawberry lemonade. Then add 32 ounces of water and 24 ounces of the strawberry mixture to make your lemonade.
This is going to be a fun recipe for the boys to enjoy all summer long, plus I know when we are hosting this summer I will love it too!
Play, Party, Plan’s Website has so many great recipes and activities for summer! If you are looking for a great resource for things to do with the kids this summer, be sure to visit their website!