The boys and I love peaches! Every time I go to the grocery store lately, I’ve been picking up a bag of peaches to enjoy for snack time. I just came across a few peach recipes that I really want to try this weekend!
This Peach Sorbet looks amazing! I cannot wait to try it - I think it will be perfect on those hot days that we still have left this fall! I love that this recipe only takes THREE ingredients - so easy!!
Recipe + Picture from Chef Not Required: https://www.chefnotrequired.com/peach-sorbet-recipe/
- 8 ripe yellow peaches - fresh or frozen 800g sliced & peeled
- 200 g caster sugar (see notes)
- 1 tbsp* lemon juice to taste (see notes)
- Slice the peaches into 8, and peel each slice.
- Place peach slices in the bowl of a food processor, along with sugar and process until smooth, scraping down the sides as you go.
- Once smooth, add lemon juice to taste.
- Freeze for 6-7 hours, or until firm.
A couple of notes to make it even better:
- Don't add all of the lemon juice in at once - you need to add it to taste. It also may seem like a strange ingredient, but it really brings out the flavour of the peaches.
- The ratio of fruit to sugar you are looking for to get the right consistency is basically 4:1 fruit to sugar. I work this out is by weight. I weigh the sliced & peeled fruit, then divide it by 4, which is the amount of sugar I add. In this recipe, my sliced peaches weighed 800g, so divide that by 4 and you get 200g.
- If you want to scale the recipe up or down, it should still be a good consistency as long as you stick with that ratio of 4:1 fruit to sugar.
Recipe + Picture from Tidy Mom: https://tidymom.net/easy-peach-cobbler/
Another recipe that I found recently that I’m excited to try is this Peach Cobbler from Tidy Mom: https://tidymom.net/easy-peach-cobbler/
- 2 cups peeled peaches (if frozen, thaw and drain juice)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar (divided)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- ice cream for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. While oven preheats, put the butter in a 9-inch glass dish and place in oven until melted.
- Mix flour, 2/3 cup of sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Add milk and egg to flour mixture and stir to combine.Pour batter over melted butter in glass dish. – DO NOT STIR
- Put the peaches in a bowl, add 1/3 cup sugar along with vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir to combine. Spoon peaches gently over batter. – Don’t Stir!
- Sprinkle brown sugar over top of peaches and batter.
- Bake cobbler for 40-45 mins or until batter is golden brown. Finish with a few minutes on broil to give it a little extra crispness on top (watch closely so it doesn't burn).
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
These are some peach recipes that I’m really excited to try! Do you have any peach recipes that you love and are making this fall?