I'm feeling a little tired of the same soup recipes from the winter - so it's time to change it up! I recently found this delicious recipe from The Clean Eating Couple for Chicken Pot Pie Soup.
Picture from The Clean Eating Couple
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb. chicken breast about 2 larger breasts
- 1 cup celery 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup carrot 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup onion finely chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic finely minced
- 2 cups yukon gold potatoes peeled+ cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup yukon gold potatoes peeled+ cut into quarters so that you can remove them at the end
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley
- 3 cups chicken broth or bone broth- low sodium!
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 3 tablespoons parsley for garnish
- 1/2 cup milk of choice almond milk, whole milk, any milk will work
Directions in Crockpot:
Heat olive oil in a pan on the stove. Add in the celery, carrot, onion, garlic, salt and pepper, parsley and basil. Sauté for 2 minutes or until slightly translucent. (This step is optional, but recommended!)
Layer raw chicken, cooked vegetables, and potatoes in the crockpot. Add chicken broth. Cover + set to low for 6 hours.
Once cooked, remove the large potato pieces + chicken breasts.
Place large potato quarters, milk + 1/2 cup of broth *from the pot* (a few ladels full!) into a blender until smooth. Add back into the pot.
Place chicken on a cutting board and shred. Put the chicken back into the pot.
Stir everything together until combined and smooth. Garnish with parsley and serve.
To read more ways to cook the soup or other alternatives, see the original recipe here.
To see more recipes that I've been lovely lately, visit the Little Luxuries' Pinterest page here.