I’m sharing one of my favorite recipes - Pumpkin Spice Cookies! They are simple to make and really, one of the best cookies ever! I found the recipe from And All The Trimmings, a blog that featured season recipes and cooking tips.
The frosting on the cookies is so easy to make and SO delicious!
- 1 box spice cake
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (can of real pumpkin, not the pie mix!)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 stick of butter (softened)
1. Preheat over to 350 degrees
2. Prepare a cookie sheet with a sheet of parchment paper or with grease and flour.
3. Dump the cake mix, pumpkin puree, egg, and soft butter into a bowl and mix it all just until combined.
4. Drop spoonfuls of dough about two inches apart on the cookie sheet…or ….you can squeeze blobs of dough out of a pastry bag onto the cookie sheet.
5. Bake for about 10-12 minutes. They bake quickly! Makes about 25-30 cookies (this is only from my memory, so I could be wrong.
- 1 stick of butter, softened
- 4 cups of confectioners’ sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1. Put the butter in the bowl of a stand mixer and beat until smooth.
2. Add the confectioners’ sugar, milk, vanilla and cinnamon.
3. Mix until blended and creamy; make sure to scrape the bowl with a spatula occasionally to get any cinnamon hiding at the bottom.
4. Frost the cookies once they’ve cooled.