I’m sharing one of my favorite recipes - Pumpkin Spice Cookies! They are simple to make and really, one of the best cookies ever! I found the recipe from And All The Trimmings, a blog that featured season recipes and cooking tips.
The frosting on the cookies is so easy to make and SO delicious!
- 1 box spice cake
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (can of real pumpkin, not the pie mix!)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 stick of butter (softened)
1. Preheat over to 350 degrees
2. Prepare a cookie sheet with a sheet of parchment paper or with grease and flour.
3. Dump the cake mix, pumpkin puree, egg, and soft butter into a bowl and mix it all just until combined.
4. Drop spoonfuls of dough about two inches apart on the cookie sheet…or ….you can squeeze blobs of dough out of a pastry bag onto the cookie sheet.
5. Bake for about 10-12 minutes. They bake quickly! Makes about 25-30 cookies (this is only from my memory, so I could be wrong.
- 1 stick of butter, softened
- 4 cups of confectioners’ sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1. Put the butter in the bowl of a stand mixer and beat until smooth.
2. Add the confectioners’ sugar, milk, vanilla and cinnamon.
3. Mix until blended and creamy; make sure to scrape the bowl with a spatula occasionally to get any cinnamon hiding at the bottom.
4. Frost the cookies once they’ve cooled.
Thank you for this recipe. My entire family loves it! Any recipes forca Christmas cookie?