In last week's blog, I talked about ways that Andrew and I have been spending our time with the boys, while they are learning from home. Spring is always busy for me, as I prepare to re-open the store fronts on Mackinac Island, but this spring is looking differently for all of us. Today, I want to share a few ways that I have been caring for myself during this rather crazy time.
1. Taking walks alone, even if it's 10-15 minutes long while pushing the stroller.
2. When I find an extra ten minutes in the bathroom either in the morning or before bed, I am taking a longer shower or using a facial mask. I LOVE face masks! When my skin is extra clean, it makes me feel like I am going the extra mile to take care of my skin. My favorite face masks are by Farmhouse Fresh - their Pumpkin Dirt Mask is incredible! I also love Lollia, as it's always a treat for your skin. Mackinac Bath and Body, our exclusive line is also always on hand! Did you know we have a new scent coming out this spring? Keep your eyes open for that!
3. Once the boys are in bed, I am choosing to spend time with my husband talking and watching a show or even the news together. Just that alone time together is helpful!
4. While teaching the boys what they need to be learning, I am including ideas that I enjoy doing too. Such as, baking cookies, scavenger hunts outside, going for a drive, or just dancing to music and being silly! Those belly laughs sure help!
5. Reading - reading and listening to podcasts is very calming for me especially when the topic is about restoring our health. I also enjoy reading about business and how I can improve what I am doing in my own business.
6. Organizing - organizing ALWAYS makes me feel like I am ready to take on the next project. It's such a good feeling to de-clutter and organize your chaos!
7. Facetime or Phone calls - one positive from being at home is being able to talk on the phone more to friends and family. Those short or lengthier calls sure do help!
8. Snail Mail - I have sent out more cards to friends and families this week than I have in a long time! I really enjoy sending loved ones a happy message. We have a great selection of cards in our online shop to choose from too!
9. Instagram Love - for me instagram is a happy place. It's great to see the small business support and love out there lately. I do have to limit myself on it, but seeing happy photos and what other friends and business owners are doing inspires me.
10. Nature - raking leaves, sweeping, or any type of yard work to me makes me feel good! Give me all the house chores :)
I hope that we can see the simple things as joyful things right now. Tell me, what ways are you caring for yourself during this time?