We are so excited that the First Day of Spring is on Thursday, March 19th! The time change with spring forward was confusing for everyone's schedules, but now that the boys and I are finding the new rhythm, we love that it is lighter later and a little bit warmer for us to be able to play outside after school!
Soon, we will start the commute back up to Mackinac Island for a new season at our favorite place! I am excited that John will be older this summer and will be able to keep up with the boys a little bit more! We've started a Spring Bucket List and here are a few things on the list!
1. Play with Sidewalk Chalk! Once the sidewalks are dry, the boys will love to be able to create art outside!
2. Plant Flowers. This is probably only on my bucket list, but the boys will like to play with the dirt while I plant the flowers! There is something about looking out your front window and seeing beautiful and colorful flowers each morning!
3. Fly a Kite. The boys love doing this on Mackinac Island at Windemere Point. It's one of their favorite Island activities when it's nice outside, so I know they are anxious to get back to flying their kites!
4. Decorate Easter Eggs. I feel like I just wrote this blog here about our Easter Traditions. I can't believe how time flies and that we will soon be celebrating Easter again!
5. Have a picnic. One of our favorite family actiivities is to have a park (with provisions from Doud's Market and Deli!) in Marquette Park. The boys love to run around after they have finished eating and I love to just look out and see the water, the beautiful flowers and people biking by!
Spring time is a time of newness - especially with a new season on Mackinac upon us. But there's also so much newness in the air, in the flowers, and just in a feeling of the cold winter ending, where now we can spend so much more time in the sunshine outside! I'm so excited for spring this year, to do more with the boys outside and to be back on Mackinac working for another great season!