One of my favorite soups to make for winter is Tortellini Minestrone Soup! It was so chilly and rainy this past weekend, so it was the perfect meal to warm us all up!
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Yellow Onion, Diced
- 2 Garlic Cloves, Chopped
- 4 Large Celery Stalks, Diced
- 2 Large Carrots, Peeled & Diced
- 2 (14-ounce) Cans Diced Tomatoes with Juice
- 2 (14-ounce) Cans Kidney Beans, Rinsed and Drained
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 2 Teaspoons Dried Oregano
- 2 Teaspoons Dried Basil
- 4 Cups Chicken Stock
- 1 (9-ounce_ package cheese tortellini
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Set a large pot over medium-high heat with olive oil. Once hot, add in the onions and garlic and cook until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the diced tomatoes with their juice and the beans.
- Season with salt, black pepper, oregano and basil.
- Add the chicken stock and bring to a simmer. Cook until the veggies soften, about 10-15 minutes.
- Add the tortellini and cook until they float, about 3-5 minutes
- Serve the soup with a sprinkling of cheese on top.
This recipe takes just around 50 minutes to make and is so delicious! Tell me, what’s one of your favorite soups to make for winter?