The first day of fall is just around the corner! I love fall and am so excited for the changing of seasons. The newness that fall brings with a slower season at the shops, more of a routine with the boys in school, cozier days and crisp leaves! Here are a few things on our family’s bucket list for this new season!
- Chai Tea Lattes: If you know me, you know how much I love chai tea! I’m looking forward to being able to drink chai tea while seeing the changing of leaves as I bike down Main Street!
- Pond Hill Farm is located a little north of Harbor Springs and is so fun to visit in the fall! They have a pumpkin launcher, animals to see, hayrides, pumpkin patch and more! It’s the perfect family friendly outing for you and your kids on a fall afternoon - they even have a farm - to -table restaurant for a delicious lunch or dinner!II
- Apple Town in Brutus, Michigan, a little north of Petoskey on the way to Mackinaw City is another fun family spot to visit this fall! Stop in for fresh apple cider and the best apple donuts! You won’t be disappointed with their hayrides and corn mazes!II
- Uncle John’s Cider Mill is of course one of my favorites, as it is in my hometown of St. John’s! They have so many fun activities for the kids that we love to go do with the boys! Corn mazes, wagon rides, train rides, apple cannons, a pumpkin patch and so much more! I can’t wait to head to my hometown this winter and visit!
- Carving Pumpkins: The boys are getting old enough to where they love to carve pumpkins! It’s fun to help them design a face on the pumpkin and then watch them get so excited about creating a masterpiece. I love to roast the pumpkin seeds and save them for a fall snack!
- Mackinac Island’s Halloween: No one celebrates Halloween quite like Mackinac Island. The end of October is when Mackinac Island starts to shut down for the season, so Halloween is the last big celebration! This is one of the last nights that a lot of the hotels / restaurants are open, so it’s a big deal. Our family will get all dressed up and walk around downtown to see all of the businesses decorated for the season. The decorations are extravagant, with gigantic spiders decorating a hotel, and other fun spooky decor!
As I said, I’m so excited for fall and I hope that you are too! What’s on your fall bucket list? Do you plan on visiting Mackinac this fall? If so, stop on into the shop to see all our fun fall items!