Meet the 2022 Little Luxuries' Team! 💕 We are so excited to have so many amazing girls on staff this summer. We know you are going to love them all when you walk into the store! They are ready to help you with whatever you're looking for!
We asked each of the girls a few questions for you to get to know them! We asked them:
- Where are you from?
- Why did you want to work on Mackinac?
- What's your favorite product at the shop?
- What's your favorite thing to do on the island?
- What's your bucket list item for Mackinac this season?
- Saylor is from Boyne City, Michigan
- She wanted to work on Mackinac not only for the relationships that she would build with everyone but for the experience of getting to work somewhere most people can’t say they did. The island is a different lifestyle and the adventures are never ending.
- Saylor's favorite product line is Archipelago - Shop Here!
- Her favorite thing to do is anything outdoors, especially hiking all the many different trails here on the island!
- At the top of her Mackinac bucket list is to be able to run up and down Cadotte Avenue without stopping, by the end of the summer. Maybe parasailing too!
- Em is from Alma, Michigan, but has been living in Mackinaw City for two years!
- Her favorite product line in the shop is the Jenna Kator Handbags! Jenna Kator is from Michigan and her bags are such high quality! Em loves them so much that she buys a new one each year. If you need a good recommendation for a Jenna Kator Handbag, make sure to ask for Em!
- Some of her favorite things to do on the island include watching the sunset at Sunset Rock, exploring the Secret Garden, and stargazing at Fort Holmes!
- In the past, she checked the kayak tour off her bucket list, but this year, she wants to do a sunrise kayak tour!
- Bella is from Grand Rapids, Michigan.
- This is Bella's second year working on Mackinac Island. She wanted to work again on the island this year because she enjoyed the time she spent here last year and the loved friendships that she made!
- Her favorite product this year are the Little Words Project bracelets! She loves looking down at my wrist and having a reminder of an important word.
- Bella's favorite thing to do on the island is to get breakfast and hang out at the marina and watch all the people walk by having a great time on the island.
- A bucket list item for her this year is having afternoon tea at the Grand Hotel and go swimming in the lake when it gets warm enough!
- Emilie is from Windsor, Ontario.
- Mackinac is one of Emilie's favorite places she's ever been on vacation and she knew she couldn’t pass up the opportunity to work here!
- Her favorite product is definitely the watermelon soap, it’s smells like candy - shop the soap here!
- Everytime Emilie has a day off I spend it biking all around the island and taking in the breathtaking views.
- A bucket list item for her this year is to discover the hidden hiking trails around the island.
- Kati is from Alma, Michigan.
- She is excited to be back for a second season and loves all of Northern Michigan!
- Her favorite product in the store is Ned's Honey Mustard Pretzels. Shop them here!
- Kati loves hiking and exploring trails on Mackinac or heading to the tennis courts!
- A bucket list item for Kati this year is to go parasailing!
- Mullaney is from Waynesboro, Virginia!
- Mullaney really wanted to work on Mackinac to experience working in a high traffic tourist destination, as that would be different than anything she has ever experienced!
- Her favorite product in the shop are the Mackinac Mittens! She loves the story behind them, the fact that they’re all unique, and thinks they are so beautiful.
- Mullaney had never been to Mackinac before moving here for the summer! Her favorite thing to do right now is explore everything and really take in all there is to do here.
- On her bucket list is to hike all of Mackinac Island's trails!
- McKenna is from Muskegon, Michigan.
- She wanted to work on Mackinac for a change of pace and a refresh! She wanted to be somewhere that forces you to get outside every single day!
- Her favorite products in the shop include Hello Mello (it's SO soft!), The Knotty Pearl (Made on Mackinac!), or Wee Bee Jammin' (who doesn't love a pun and a snack)!
- Her favorite thing to do on the island is going for a hike on the trails with friends!
- Her goal for the 2022 season is to learn to be a better biker, which is already starting to happen! She also wants to take watercolor and art classes!
- Dottie splits her time between Midland, Michigan and Mackinac Island!
- She has loved Little Luxuries since the shop first opened and her dream was to one day work for Nicole!
- Dottie has so many favorites at the shop - so difficult to choose just one! She very much like the Placed by Grace Designs earrings made by our Em! The foods, decorations, baby section…I could go on and on!
- Her favorite thing to do on the island is to walk and ride her bike! he beautiful flowers, trees AND the amazing island royalty the horses!
- On her bucket list this summer is to never stop exploring!
- Ashley is from Byron, Michigan.
- She's been visiting Mackinaw City every year while growing up and has always wanted to work on Mackinac!
- She loves the tote bags in the shop - especially the Make Today Beautiful tote bag, found here!
- She loves riding her bike all around the island!
- While on Mackinac this summer, she wants to get the full island experience!
Next time you're in the shop, be sure to ask the girls about their favorite products or for any island recommendations! They are excited to help you in the shop this summer!