- 2 Tbsp. olive oil divided
- 1 lb. ground turkey or beef
- 1 ½ cups sweet onion finely diced
- 1 cup carrots shredded
- ½ tsp. ginger paste or minced ginger
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- ¼ cup chicken broth regular sodium
- 5 cups shredded cabbage cut into ¼-inch shreds
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce Tamari or coconut aminos, gluten-free
- 2 tsp. rice wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp. salt to taste
- ¼ tsp. pepper to taste
- 1 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- Toasted sesame seeds optional
- Green onions optional
In a large saute pan over medium heat drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil and add ground turkey. Cook for 5-6 minutes, or until turkey is almost cooked through.
Push turkey to the side of the pan and add onion and other tablespoon of oil. Saute for 3-4 minutes.
Add shredded carrots, garlic, and ginger and saute for 2 minutes. Stir the vegetables and turkey together.
Pour chicken broth in the pan and scrape the bottom of it to deglaze it.
Just before serving add toasted sesame oil and top with green onions and toasted sesame seeds. Serve over regular rice, cauliflower rice, or eat it in a bowl by itself. Enjoy!
Let me know what you think! We love this recipe and I hope that you will too!