Shot from Gimme Some Oven
I recently stumbled upon a Cozy Autumn Wild Rice Soup from Gimme Some Oven.
Have you ever had Wild Rice Soup? It’s the perfect fall meal with a loaf of fresh bread and a salad!
Here is Gimme Some Oven’s Recipe from her website:
- 6 cups vegetable stock (or chicken stock)
- 1 cup uncooked wild rice*
- 8 ounces baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 2 ribs celery, diced
- 1 large (about 1 pound) sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 small white onion, peeled and diced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1 (14-ounce) can unsweetened coconut milk (or see cream sauce option below*)
- 2 large handfuls of kale, roughly chopped with thick stems removed
- fine sea salt and freshly-cracked black pepper
- Sauté the veggies. Heat (an extra) 1 tablespoon butter or olive oil in a large stockpot over medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until soft and translucent. Stir in the garlic and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally, until fragrant.
- Add base ingredients. Add in the vegetable stock, wild rice, mushrooms, carrots, celery, sweet potato, bay leaf and Old Bay seasoning. Stir to combine.
- Simmer. Continue cooking until the soup reaches a simmer. Then reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer for 30 to 40 minutes until the rice is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add final ingredients. Add the coconut milk and kale to the soup, and stir gently until combined. Taste and season with salt and pepper (plus any extra Old Bay seasoning, if you would like) as needed.
- Serve. Serve warm and enjoy!
For more information on how to cook it in the Instant Pot or Slow Cooker, check out her website! She has so many amazing tips and even more delicious recipes that she shares often!