The boys and I made a really sweet treat this week for Easter. We made Chocolate Egg Nest Treats from I Heart Naptime.
The ingredients include:
- 2 cups chow mein noodles
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 12 ounce bag of mini Cadbury eggs (The grocery store was sold out, so we used peanut butter M&Ms!)
1. Place the chow mein noodles in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, melt the chocolate and butterscotch chips at 50% power for 1 minute, or until melted. You could also melt over a double broiler. Stir, until smooth.
2. Reserve about 1 Tablespoons of the milk chocolate. Then pour the milk chocolate and butterscotch over noodles and stir until coated.
3. Spray a silicone muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray. Then add a large spoonful of the mixture to the muffin cup. Press lightly in the center of the cup to form the nest. Then with the remaining chocolate in the bowl, dip the back of the Cadbury egg and place in the middle of the nests. Then using a toothpick, dip the top end into the remaining chocolate and add 2 eyes. Then if desired, add a tiny dot of yellow frosting for the beak.
4. Once hardened, gently remove the egg nests (it helps to use a butter knife).
For the entire recipe, visit the site here: https://www.iheartnaptime.net/chocolate-egg-nest/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=springdesserts#recipe