Happy St. Patrick's Day! We love celebrating this holiday! ☘️ In February, Andrew and I traveled to Ireland to see where the Doud family is from - see that blog here!
I love making recipes that reflect Ireland around St. Patrick's Day! Here is a new one that I'm hoping to try from Taste of Home.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 boneless beef chuck or venison roast (3 to 3-1/2 pounds), trimmed
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 3 celery ribs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 medium carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 pound fresh whole mushrooms, quartered
- bottle (12 ounces) dark beer or 1-1/2 cups beef broth
- 4 tablespoons minced fresh parsley, divided
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons seedless blackberry spreadable fruit
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup cold water
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Brown roast on all sides. Place vegetables in a 6-qt. slow cooker. Place roast over vegetables. In a small bowl, combine beer, 2 tablespoons parsley, Worcestershire sauce, spreadable fruit, salt and pepper; pour over meat. Cook, covered, on low 8-10 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove roast and vegetables to a serving platter; keep warm. Pour cooking juices into a small saucepan; skim fat and bring to a boil. Mix cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir into cooking juices. Return to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Serve with roast and vegetables; sprinkle with remaining parsley.
I'd love to hear what recipes you're making to celebrate our favorite Irish company! Let us know over on Instagram!